A day in the life of sorority girls

This is life as it is viewed from a Pi Beta Phi and an Alpha Omicron Pi's perspective. These are our thoughts about life, pranking, school, summer, and God. 2 Corinthians 11:19

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another day at work....

So, at work lately I've been trying to view my summer job like I did last summer when I was working at Baskin Robbins in Lake Tahoe. I KNEW that, besides working, my other "job" was to show Christ's love and to talk to my co-workers about Him. Well, I've been getting to know a lot of people really well and have been hanging out with some of them a lot. (Either I'm at work or hanging out with people from work!). Anyways, there is this girl, Robyn in the bakery from Lousiana. She is a very strong Christian and I enjoy talking to her about anything and everything since she is my age and we've even gone to church together a few times. (don't worry Sarah, she's no you though!) It's good to have her around for encouragement and a good smile. Then there is this other guy who works in produce with me who is very liberal, does not like "Shrub" (president Bush), and who is not religious at all. Half of his family is Jewish and the other half is Catholic and he's had some strong religious friends in his life in the past though so he's very open minded and asks lots of good questions. Most recently there is an older guy who works in the deli who used to be a pimp (seriously). He's really funny and nice and we're always giving each other a hard time. And he knows I'm a "good girl", so I'm just trying to get to know him better to see if he has a religious background or an opinion or anything. It's kind of funny because I've never had so many friends from a job and at least once a week a handful of us will go get something to eat after work, or float the river together, have dinner at someone's house, play basketball, or go shopping. Well, just thought I'd let you know about the good ol' Albertson's crew. Maybe you could pray for opportunity to talk to some of them (we can't talk much at work because we get in trouble even when there is no customers!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home